The Pan-African Manufacturers Association is a Business Membership Organization. The Establishment of the Association was motivated by the desire to pursue the industrialization of Africa and the overall economic well-being of the Continent. This Association serves as a central continental body that would engage the African union and other continental bodies on behalf of African manufacturers on matters concerning the growth and development of their industry.
“To be Africa’s foremost private sector organization for the advocacy of a conducive manufacturing environment”
“To provide a platform of engagement for African manufacturers and other relevant actors for the promotion of Africa’s industrializations and wellbeing.”
Some members of Manufacturers Association of African countries attending the Intra-Africa Trade Fair in Egypt in 2018 agreed to establish an umbrella body for the pursuit of Africa’s industrialization. They desired to intensify Africa’s industrial agenda and build an African manufacturing sector of the 21st century that will take its rightful place in the global value chain. This gave birth to the Pan-African Manufacturers Association (PAMA)
PAMA is committed to advocating for the interest of manufacturers in the Continent; provide its members with a platform for engagement with relevant actors and creating cooperation among African manufacturers.
- To provide a continental Organization for the promotion and protection of the interests of Manufacturing Industries.
- To promote the consideration and discussion of issues connected with or related to manufacturing industries.
- To encourage a high standard and quality of manufactured products in Africa
- To develop and promote the contribution of manufacturing industries to the African economy.
- To undertake or exercise any trust which may seem to the Association conducive to any of its objects.
- To invest the moneys of the Association, not immediately required, upon such securities or otherwise in such manner as may from time to time be determined.